2020 has been a year of evolution and extraordinary changes for remote online notarization (RON). The rapid, international need for safe social distancing has changed RON from an interest into a requirement as many individuals have property all over the world and cannot get documents notarized at this time. FVN provides remote notarization for U.S. and Non-U.S. Citizens and you are not required to be a Florida resident. For Non-U.S. Citizens interested in signing documents remotely, please ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- You are over the age of 18.
- You have a valid Driver License or Identification Card in English; or
- Passport stamped by the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services; or
- Sworn written statement of one credible witness personally known to the notary public; or
- Sworn written statement of two credible witnesses.
- Native English speaker. If you DO NOT speak English, a duplicate document must be provided in your native language and a translator must be present for the remote signing (virtually or in-person).
- You have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer with audio and video capabilities